There is no surprise when it comes to peoples reactions when the topic of a chiropractor comes to the table. People loves us, hate us, and even tried to eradicate our profession (Wilk vs. American Medical Association). Unfortunately, most peoples vitriolic feelings stem from the long war on the chiropractic profession by the AMA. Fortunately, the profession has worked very hard in validating the beneficial effects of spinal manipulation and other related manual therapies for neck pain, back pain, headaches, car accident injuries, sports injuries, and other related musculoskeletal conditions. Regardless of the amount of research that does support our professions goals of helping people, there will always be naysayers. There are a multitude of reasons why people may not particularly like our profession, which I describe below.
- Expense. Some chiropractors can be very expensive and such services are out of reach for the common person. Today’s chiropractor can look very different than yesterday’s chiropractor and cracking backs ain’t all they do these days. Some of the most expensive chiropractors practice functional medicine, chiropractic neurology, and even soft tissue techniques like Active Release Techniques can be very pricey. In some clinics, 15 minutes of ART cost $99, or a functional medicine treatment plan may reach up to $10,000. Regardless of cost, putting a price on health can be difficult and the aforementioned fees pale in comparison to other providers fees in different health professions. Chiropractors spend an incredible amount of time and energy studying the most current health trends and even start health trends. The next time you question a chiropractors fee, you might want to question the cost of not using a chiropractor.
- Fear of the unknowing. Unanimously we are grouped together as bone crackers and this can scare the bejesus out of common folk. Everyone has seen the bad guy crack a poor dudes neck with a quick twist and instantly put him down. Keep in mind that we like to fix people and not break them, as that would be way bad for business. Some of my patients let me know right away that they are scared of getting adjusted. I understand the stigma and it comes from not knowing what to expect and fearing the worst out of the experience. If people want to fear the adjustment, they should whole heatedly fear the self adjustment. Seeing people wrenching on their own necks freaks me out! Stop it people, that is not normal! Chiropractors are like ninjas when it comes to adjusting the spine. The adjustment can be smooth, quick, and so gratifying you might wanna light up a cigarette afterwords.
- Myths. Once you go to a chiropractor, you always have to go. Chiropractors are quacks! Chiropractors are not real doctors. Chiropractic care is dangerous. There is no proof that chiropractic works. Adjustments hurt. They don’t call these myths for nothing as each one of these can be discussed further. There is a reason that chiropractic is standing the test of time, and it is because it works!
The chiropractic profession in today’s world is very diverse and can offer very high quality affordable health care. Researching Denver chiropractor reviews or pick your specific city plus chiropractor reviews can offer a large amount of real experience online reviews. Review sites such as Yelp, help validate honest reviews and can be very useful. I also wrote a blog article on how to pick the best chiropractor that may also help you decide.
Author: Dr. Trent Artichoker
Denver Chiropractic, LLC
3890 Federal Blvd Unit 1
Denver, CO 80211
About the Author:Dr. Trent Artichoker - Denver Chiropractor
Denver chiropractor, Dr. Trent Artichoker MS, DC is the clinical director and founder of Denver Chiropractic, LLC. The clinic is the oldest clinic in Denver, CO located in north west Denver, near downtown. Dr. Artichoker treats car accident injuries, neck pain, whiplash, back pain, and headaces.
- Ankle Sprain
- Auto Injury / Denver Car Accident
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Cold and Flu Prevention
- Denver Chiropractic Related News
- Denver Personal Injury Attorney
- Dry Needling
- Graston Technique
- Injury Settlement
- K Tape
- Laser therapy
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Out of area chiropractors
- Overuse Injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- safety of cervical manipulation
- Sports Chiropractic